28 March 2007

Thank You, Hockey Jesus

Steven Colbert, comic personality and inspiration for the Saginaw Spirit Hockey Club's mascot Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle, just looked up a word in the dictionary on national television twice, and proceeded to challenge Sean Penn to a battle of metaphors. Might he be the perfect man? I don't know...he's got some pretty strong competition:



And you wonder how the Sedin twins came about. Now you know. Trained by Jesus himself.

In other news, NHL hockey players recently weighed in on a variety of important matters. 19 out of the 283 players said that if they could play for any other NHL team, they would play for the Wings. This is the only reason I can fathom for the phenomenon. 14 would play for the Avs. Excellent choice.

6 players would least like to be traded to the Wings, while only 1 so despises the Avs.

Although players (and I) agree that Detroit is significantly more threatening than the Avs to play on the road, they also agree (by the astounding margin of 166, or 63%) that Sakic is BY FAR the most respected player in the league. Amen to that, hockey Jesus.

Jose Theodore barely makes the "Most Overrated Player in the NHL" list, but that's enough for me.

Statsny should have gotten at least one vote for the player under 22.

Apparently Detroit has better ice. I'll never know. [whispering] Please don't make me go there, hockey jesus! I promise I'll be good...

Best Friends Forever!

--Satanella

No comments: