30 March 2007

I'll Just Close My Eyes For a Minute...

The Game: Avs at Coyotes

...said the exhausted Satanella as she gathered her thoughts after last night's game. I conked out immediately and dreamt that I brought a cheeseball (something I have never partaken of in my life) to work, not knowing that inside it was a huge spider waiting to terrorize my office. I think I need a day off.

I started the game at 221B Baker St. Pub. Great grub, Happy Hour from 2-9 during the week and ALL DAY Sunday, and there's a little outdoor ice rink just outside. For the record, I recommend doing your drinking after your skating...

Pregame, I see Parker being interviewed at some fancy restaurant. He looks a little out of place (in a good way) with his black t-shirt (Western Canada's Toughest - an extreme fighting competition?) and full sleeves of tattoos.

Parker is in tonight, as Laperriere injured his groin in practice. With Lappy out, the Arnason line gets changed up. Stastny-Arnason-Hejduk results in a Hejduk goal, then it's Wolski-Arnason-Svatos (who seemed to be on fast forward, by the way). McLean scores with Stasty and Hejduk. Glad to see Stastny pick up points; everyone seems to have already forgotten his 20 game streak.

Intermission. Cut to Hejduk working the pick-up window at Arby's. What? He confesses to never having had a job, and cites steak as the food he would eat exclusively if he had to. Altitude guy Keefe seems offended that a professional athlete has a higher metabolism than a guy who sits and reads a teleprompter.

Wolski-Arnason-Svatos score again, then Sakic assists Richardson. With the 1580th point, Sakic passes Ray Bourque on the all-time scoring list. How far will he go? Top five? Top three?

More interesting trivia: the '59 Leafs clinched the last playoff spot from 7 points behind with 5 games remaining. Is that supposed to be encouraging?

By this time, everyone knows that the Flames won again. Iginla got a hat trick, even. But I guess the Avs thought their 4-0 lead was cushy enough to take a break. In the third period, the Coyotes narrowly missed tying the game in the last minute. This afforded me the debatable privilege of hearing the HOOOWL three times. One more reason I'm glad I don't live in Phoenix!

FINAL

Avs 4
Coyotes 3

Best Friends Forever!

--Satanella

2 comments:

Katie O'D said...

The howl freaked me out. I'm used to the obnoxious Bruins "woo!", so the howl threw me off a bit.
I've always wanted to go drunk skating. Or, when I'm drunk I always want to go skating. Close enough. I always ask people, "Hey guys, do you think I could play hockey right now?!" Can't imagine it would end well.
I'd love to take Scott Parker out to a nice restaurant. I think I'll ask him to prom.

Satanella said...

Parker would be the best date for crashing prom! And I have a feeling he would enjoy watching you attempt to play drunk thoroughly! ha