04 March 2007

Damn, it Feels Good to be a Gangsta

The Game: Avs at Red Wings

[SCREAMING, JUMPING, AIR GUITAR]

The last Avs at Detroit game I wrote about was a humiliating spectacle. Luckily, tonight's was a better game, and this will undoubtedly be a better post.


I taped the game this morning, as I had to be at the theatre for a good part of the day. I wore my jersey, which only served to make my delayed gratification more stressful...I was terrified that someone was going to ruin the outcome of the game for me. And it's the Wings. By the time I got home, I needed a drink. Cue the...



VODKA MADE IN COLORADO??? Why yes! And are those shot glasses made of ice, you ask? Right again! The ultimate Avalanche shot, to be indulged in upon every Av goal.

Now, detractors might say that the Avs won today because the Wings were without Zetterberg and Hasek, as well as newly aquired goon Bertuzzi. But they had Datsyuk and Lidstrom. And the Avs may have Sakic and NHL Rookie of the Month Stastny (15 game point streak), but they didn't play Parker, and they're without both Iron Man defenseman Skrastins and...this guy:



"Look who's go-ot a Farrah do! Don't you wish you had one too?"

With 9 seconds left in the 1st, Clark earns Holmstrom a penalty shot. HE DOESN'T GET IT! He takes it out on Sauer, and the game remains scoreless into Intermission.

In the 2nd, mic'd up Rycroft busts on the refs for not calling a high stick he took. As the blood travels from his forehead to his chin, he wonders aloud, "Am I cut bad?" Trainer: "No, it's not bad." That's just awesome.

The rest of the first ten minutes are really about the announcers.

Mike Emrick: "[Detroit] is a very popular city in which to be Polish."

Eddie Osczyk (he's a poet and didn't know it): "Sauer has been a tower of power..."

Then he goes on to say what sounded like (honestly, I rewound the tape at least six times), "Hard, hard, hard on...that's what you want from Kurt Sauer." There may have been an imperceptible "'em" in there. Let's hope. Either way, either Eddie or I need to get laid.

Finally, at nine minutes, Stastny assists Hejduk on the first goal of the game, and we get to take our first (much needed) shot. As far as vodka goes...it's no Chopin. But it's better than Amsterdam or Popov, available for $8/liter at your local Likker Mart. It'll do. The bottle boasts that it contains "water that was born high atop the Rocky Mountains." Heh.

Wolski assists Arnason at just under six minutes, then Lidstrom gets one in on Budaj.

Just into the 3rd, Draper ties the game at 2-2. All of the sudden, the Wings are on fire. Budaj gets absolutely PEPPERED with shots, and turns into Stretch Armstong. Chelios almost gets one it, but Klee bats it out just in time. Whew.


MacLean makes it 3-2, and my tape ends. I put in the next. It's still 3-2. I only missed a couple of minutes of play. Hopefully nothing earth-shattering happened, like this:




Draper scores again, and the game goes to OT...RICHARDSON GOAL! OH MY GOD!!! The fourth shot is remarkably more palatable than the first. Ahhh.

FINAL


Avs 4
Red Wings 3

For tonight's purposes, an artistic and metaphorical representation of the Red Wings:



Now, I know I'm about ten hours later on this than other bloggers, but to anyone still celebrating out there -- can I get a RED WINGS SUCK?

Best Friends Forever!

--Satanella

2 comments:

gsdgsd13 said...

Hell yes, drunk far away...

RED WINGS SUCK

Satanella said...

Woo hoo!