11 March 2007

@%$&*%.

The Game: Avs at Wild

After watching Detroit lose this morning, I thought the planets might have been aligned for a sixth win in a row for the Avs.

Four Av penalties kept them shorthanded for almost half of the 1st. While Vaananen sat for cross checking, Koivu scores. The Avs tie it up with a power play goal of their own when Hejduk gets one in. Stastny assists, of course, and breaks Teemu Selanne's rookie point streak record. 18 games! He also leads in road game point streaks. The Toothless Wonder strikes again!

In the 2nd, more penalties. Vaananen and Laperriere get into mild scrums, each resulting in 4 on 4 play. A ballsy Schultz delivers a huge check on Sakic. Where is Parker? Lappy? Finger? Bueller?...Bueller...? Sakic can take care of himself, but I bet even Schultz was surprised that he didn't get heat for that move.

Cutting to commercial, the camera focuses on two potbellied fans wearing jerseys they had cut and sewn to be half Avs and half Wild. Amusing. Had to worry about that seam, though. No fitted jerseys for those two...

Second Intermission. Altitude, I want to love you. But then you go and do this:



OK, I know it's nerdy, but I live for this stuff. I mean, it's one thing to find errors on menus or something, but this is priceless. The LA Kins. I love it.

In the 3rd, Lappy scores, and within 30 seconds Koivu does AGAIN. Ugh. Thought I could rest for just a second...But no. Stastny goes to the box for interference, and his penalty carries into OT. Suddenly, I have no scruples about drinking at 3:00 in the afternoon.

You know what happens next. Don't make me say it. A point is a point, but that one stung.

FINAL

Avs 2
Wild 3

The Beer du Game was Pinstripe Red Ale from Ska Brewing Company in Durango, CO.



Beer, Ska, and scooter enthusiasts since 1995, the company also makes an Organic Double Chocolate Stout that I'd like to try. This ale is smooth and pretty straightforward. Love is listed as an ingredient. I need some right now.

Best Friends Forever!

--Satanella

No comments: