08 February 2007

Tough Guys Earn the Win

The Game: Avs vs. Panthers

After watching the Dead Wings come back and win against the Rangers the other day, I closed my eyes real tight, clicked my heels and wished the Avs could have their 3rd period performance. The hockey gods made a deal with the Devil...I got my wish. Or close enough.

Stastny tied it up with less than a minute in the 3rd, and Sakic won it less than a minute into OT, but, according to first star Sakic, the win was all about Theodore and Arnason.

Theodore earned his keep in periods 1 and 2. And thanks to Florida's double penalties at the last minute, he got to see the win from the best seat in the house.

Arnason (second star) scored his 13th. He really worked hard. Wherever the puck was, there was #39. [Choked up] He's my special boy!

Liles was back on the ice after missing 11 games with a broken foot. According to the Post, he left with blood "pouring" from it, but glad to be playing again.

Speaking of hardcore Avs, Tuesday's game was Skrastins' 486th consecutive game. Tonight (Avs vs. Thrashers) he'll break the record for most consecutive games played by a defenseman, previously held by Tim Horton for his 486 games as a Leaf between February 1961 and February 1968. I wonder what chain of restaurants Skrastins will champion?

Also, Lappy apparently leads the league with penalty minutes for fighting. And Wolski is playing with the flu. Tough guys.

FINAL

Panthers 4
Avs 5

I'll be at the Thrashers game tonight, in the best seat I've had to date. I'll whisper sweet nothings to you about it in the morning. Sleep tight! Best Friends Forever!

--Satanella

No comments: