28 February 2007

In the Real World, I Don't Think Ducks Survive Avalanches

The Game: Avs at Ducks

The good news: Wolski is back, after missing what seemed to be an inordinate amount of games for a "mild" concussion.

The bad news: Skrastins is out with a knee injury for 7-10 days, ending his Iron Man defensive game streak at 495. It must have been some injury to keep him off the ice. Commentator McNab makes an ineffective comparison between Skrastins and an amputated limb, and I wonder about his sobriety, so often in question of late.

I am watching the game on the Altitude Network. They try, and overall the game coverage is better than on Versus, but I HATE the "Principles for Success" they highlight before each game. Today, they are as follows:

1. Av pride
2. In their face
3. Offense stay strong

Ugh. I never know whether they deserve a "No shit!" or a "WTF?" They might as well say:

1. Score goals
2. Score more goals than other team
3. Don't let other team score goals

In the 1st, McDonald gets two rebound goals on Budaj, and Klee gets penalized for Delay of Game because he took a puck to the face and fell on it. Not good. But Rycroft and Sakic tie it up. Selanne scores, Hejduk responds. Then two more Duck goals, and I see in my notes that all I could do was write "FUCK" and underline it a bunch of times.

I didn't record which of my Colorado brews I drank, but I can tell from my handwriting that I was, so IT'S NOT MY FAULT THIS TIME!

FINAL

Ducks 5
Avs 3

After the game, Quenneville looks tired and broken. It's sad.

Best Friends Forever!

--Satanella

No comments: